The leaves are crunchy, the pie filling is piping hot, and our crock pots are working overtime. We’ve traded our strappy sandals for rain boots—our breezy dresses for cozy cardigans—and we’re all about layering.
It’s the time of year when we hunker down with our comfiest quilts, bake bubbly casseroles and brew mulled bevvies—the stuff Pinterest boards are made of.
This season is all about enjoying spaces. Sometimes it’s as simple as working aspects of nature into our home (pines cones, wildflowers) or bringing the concept of home to the outdoors (fall picnics).
To celebrate the start of sweater weather, we’ve compiled a list of ways you can make the most of autumn.
- Get outdoors. (Because the outdoors looks like an oil painting this time of year.)
- Start a project. You could roll up your sleeves and show the rain gutters who’s boss, or knit a cozy scarf in one of these fall colors.
- Bake a casserole to go. (Because scalloped potatoes are better with friends.)
- Start a new book. Book + cozy throw + pot of tea = the perfect afternoon.
- Do what you love, with love. Often, the simplest things make the most memorable moments.